ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM INFORMATION
HIM Professionals primarily serve the healthcare industry in departments where patient data or health information is collected and stored. We teach you how to use your knowledge and skills in a variety of healthcare settings.
国产偷拍视频As a student in our Health Information Management Program, your education includes:
- General education coursework: Before starting HIM classes, you are required to take pre-requisite courses. You may take these courses at any accredited college or university. View the Degree Plan.
- HIM core coursework: You complete HIM coursework 100% online. The courses will enable you to acquire the marketable skills and knowledge to ensure accuracy, usefulness and integrity of patient health information, assess and strategically plan for healthcare data and information needs, apply leadership skills toward the implementation of electronic health information systems, and manage new operational as well as technology related projects.
- Professional Practice Experiences: Two Professional Practice Experiences (PPE) will be done during this program: one that is virtual and one that is a combination of virtual and onsite at a facility. As part of the second PPE embedded in HIM 242, you will complete a minimum of 40 hours of experience at an approved facility. The 40 hours must be completed during normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm while you are enrolled in HIM 242. You can only complete your PPE in states where this program is available.
- High quality education: The HIM program is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Read more about our Accreditation.
APPLY TO OUR ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Our dedicated admissions counselors make it easy to apply to Blessing-Rieman. We are available to tell you more about our programs and answer any questions you may have. Find out more about admissions.
国产偷拍视频Take the first steps toward applying to our HIM program by submitting:
- An application to Blessing-Rieman, either by visiting our or completing a written Health Sciences Program application
- Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- Financial aid forms: Nine out of 10 Blessing-Rieman students receive some form of financial aid.