Associate of Science in Respiratory Care Program at Blessing-Rieman
As of 2016, 100 percent of our graduates passed national respiratory care licensure exams on their first try. This accomplishment means all of our graduates are eligible to start working as respiratory care practitioners shortly after completing our program.
国产偷拍视频Highlights of our program include:
- Focus on real-world experience: At Blessing-Rieman, you learn respiratory care concepts in small classes from instructors who are master’s trained experts in respiratory care. Your education also includes more than 800 hours of hands-on clinical experience. Check out the degree plan.
- Career advancement: Our emphasis on hands-on clinical experience helps you build the clinical reasoning skills necessary to deliver the best possible care. These skills are one reason our graduates receive job offers shortly after graduation. Read more program information.
- The support you need to be successful: Our instructors get to know you as a person, which creates a supportive learning environment. If you ever need help, our instructors hold office hours outside of class to work with you one-on-one. Tutors at our Learning Resource Center can assist you with paper writing, test-taking strategies, and managing anxiety.
Learn more about what Respiratory Care Practitioners do by from the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
Associate of Science in Respiratory Care Program Information
A respiratory care practitioner works under the direction of a physician to evaluate and treat patients with respiratory conditions, including asthma, pneumonia, and heart problems. We teach you how to meet the unique needs of patients of all ages, including premature infants and elderly individuals.
As a student in our Respiratory Care Program, your education includes:
- General education coursework: Before starting respiratory care classes, you must complete 32 credit hours of courses in topics such as Ethics and Microbiology. You may take these courses at any accredited college or university.
- Respiratory care coursework: You complete respiratory care coursework at Blessing-Rieman. We offer all the classes you need, right when you need them, so you can graduate on time. These courses include an in-depth exploration of conditions affecting the heart and lungs as well as the best ways to treat them.
- Clinical experience: You practice clinical skills in our medical Simulation Center before caring for patients in real-world settings. Your clinical experience includes caring for patients in five different settings, including Blessing Hospital. Find out more about clinical experience (clinicals) and our partner organizations.
- High quality education: The Respiratory Care Program at Blessing-Rieman has consistently high board pass rates and is provisionally accredited by CoARC. Read more about our Accreditation and Pass Rates.
Apply to Our Associate of Science in Respiratory Care Program
Our dedicated admissions counselors make it easy to apply to Blessing-Rieman. We are available to tell you more about our programs and answer any questions you may have. Find out more about admissions.
Take the first steps toward applying to our respiratory care practitioner program by submitting:
- An application to Blessing-Rieman, either by visiting our or completing a written Health Sciences Program application
- Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- Financial aid forms: Nine out of 10 Blessing-Rieman students receive some form of financial aid.